Square footage is at a premium so why not expand your home with an outdoor living area! Take a walk around the exterior of your home and envision these five ways to enlarge your space. Make every square foot count by creating a more usable and enjoyable environment.
- Connect your outdoor living space with formal or informal walkways. Adding a brick walkway flanked by a stonewall or flowering shrubs, perennials and dwarf trees can give a sense of enclosure as well as make easier access to all the outdoor spaces. Pathways to these spots in the landscape will make them seam together for an overall cohesion.
- Add an outdoor fireplace or firepit to the patio area for enjoyment on a cool autumn’s night. Adding adequate space for eating around the cooking area or roasting marshmallows should be considered as well as lighting for night-time entertaining.
- Build a custom water feature to appreciate as a focal point including serene background sound. Water brings in wildlife to your outdoor space, making your land a nice backyard habitat for beneficials too!
- Build a secluded seating spot in your outdoor living area surrounded by your favorite blooming plants for all season. Using an underutilized area of the space for intimate gatherings or just a place to get some sunshine can draw people outdoors for healthier living.
- Add a living green screen of dwarf trees and shrubs to shield for privacy in the yard. A green screen can drown out noise and make a nice backdrop while inviting wildlife into the space. It also gives a clear boundary without being obtrusive to neighbors. From all sides a green screen is easily enjoyed.
- Add a cutting garden of perennials and annuals to a sunny spot in the landscape. This garden will give the homeowner hours of enjoyment closeup or from a view inside. Perennials can be divided and multiplied for years of lasting enjoyment with an abundance of bouquets.
These are services we provide and more. Take a look at our website and decide what you want to add to your home garden today!