Before land clearing, some considerations have to be in place before a contractor and crew start clearing. When hiring a landscape contractor ask yourself these questions in order to clarify what exactly you want them to do. You will be better prepared to compare apples with apples in the lot and land clearing and bidding process. Each landscape contractor may have a different vision for what a lot should look like afterwards but may not measure up to your expectations. Consider these factors in the bidding process:
- What do you want the lot to look like when it’s cleared? (Having photos of
other cleared lots will help explain your vision.)
- Do you have valuable timber on your property and do you need to contact a lumber broker for resale?
- What happens with the trees, debris and large stone after clearing? Is it hauled away, piled out of site or burned?
- What about drainage on the site? Do you have any or anticipate any potential drainage issues?
- Are there zoning, HOA covenants, restrictions or permits required before the job can start?
- What areas do you want to be cleared and preserved?
- Are there view scapes to consider and how will they be cut out?
We are equipped to handle the production of lot and land clearing with our machinery for this type of work. Our equipment includes a 299D CATxhp mulcher with clearing head on skid steer loader, a Woodsman 18x Chipper with winch and drag loader equipped with a rolling wheel, a grapple bucket attachment to lift and maneuver weighty, awkward size materials, a Kubota track hoe with thumb and Kubota BX-24 tractor with backhoe. You are guaranteed a fast, efficient thorough job leaving your property clear, clean and void of mess and debris ready to build, plant or develop.
If you’re ready to discuss your property needs with a professional, call our office at 828-712-1590 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.